Inge Stornig is a multidisciplinary artist based in Styria, Austria. While focused on printmaking and painting, she works across a variety of materials and techniques like acrylic art, monotyping, mixed media art and Tintografik.
The artist employs both traditional and experimental techniques in her creative process. Especially the latter caught her attention and led to an intensive exploration of experimental printmaking in her recent projects. In addition to her painting and printmaking Inge Stornig creates sculptures out of driftwood, stone and metal.
Since 2007 her art has been shown at more than 100 exhibitions in Austria, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Croatia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Argentina, the USA and the UK.
„I’ve explored a variety of techniques and materials over the years.
But I think in my art you can see the work of one wrist, my signature“.
- 2006 Art Award of the City of Knittelfeld/A
- 2012 Ernst und Rosa von Dombrowski-Stiftungspreis (Foundation Award) for Painting and Graphic 2012, Graz/A
- 2015 Art Award of the City of Knittelfeld/A
- 2020 Art Calendar Hahnemühle/D
- 2020 ARTE Noah Award – Art-Gallery Feldbach/A
- 2020 Palm ART Award 2020 – Quedlinburg/D
- Member of Professional Association of Visual Artists Austria/ Sect. Styria
- Member of Xylon Austria
- Jury member at the Simultania Art Prize/Vienna 2015 and 2016